Why Use A Maintenance Records Chart

Various information for your reading pleasure.

Why Use A Maintenance Records Chart

Postby taz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Below is a simple chart to print and put on your furnace to help remind you when maintenance is due on your all your heating, cooling and ventilation equipment.

Not only will this chart act as a reminder of when work is required, but it will also serve as a record of what was done and when the work was done to any of the equipment.

Recording any work done to your equipment may help you determine if a particular piece of your system is not lasting as long as it should or serve as a simple record which will help you remember when the last time you did work to, or had something done to your system.

Examples of how this could be -

*-* was the last time that I changed my air filter? After you have recorded a number of filter changes you will start to see a pattern and then mark the approximate date to change the filter again on your */-:*
*-* was the last time that I changed the water in my humidifier and added water treatment? Very Important.*/-:*
*-* the last service done to my furnace / air-conditioner, ventilation? Have your service technician record all work that was done, including the date.*/-:*
*-* did I start up my furnace / air-conditioner last year?*/-:*

Most people just want their heating / cooling systems to work and not worry about it, but at some time, that equipment that you are relying on will need to be looked at for some reason or another.

If you are finding a greater frequency of repairs on certain items or to the entire system, it will be easy to see the frequency of those repairs on the chart. By recording all work that was done, allows you to forget about it after the work has been completed or helps you determine if it is time to change the equipment because of it's age or frequency of repairs.

Print this chart and put it in a plastic sleeve (for protection), then post it on the side of your furnace or on the wall near the furnace. Record everything that is done to your heating, ventilation and cooling systems no mater where in your house or business the work took place. If you have multiple pieces of equipment print a chart for each one.

For you building managers, operators and mechanics, place a sheet at each piece of equipment. Developing a history for your equipment is an important tool for troubleshooting today's problems.

-
**-*maintenance_chart.JPG*/-*
taz
New Contributor

- Why Use A Maintenance Records Chart

Postby westcanadian01 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks for your simple yet helpful reminder by keeping a record of home furnace maintenance
westcanadian01
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Articles