heat for new kitchen

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

heat for new kitchen

Postby lobstercraven » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 pm

I put on a new 12x 14 kitchen addition . It has a 12' high open cathedral ceiling. It has 3 windows and a sliding door as well. Im limited for space . so for heat , Im considering a rinnai 11,000 btu direct vent heater or maybe a forced hotwater toekick heater on its own zone. both the installs are fairly routine since I currently have a forced hot water oil burner and I also have gas. The toekicks take up no space but will they heat as well as the rinnai? thanks chris, maine
lobstercraven
Minimal

- heat for new kitchen

Postby Freon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:28 am

You seen to know the heat loss for the room and it seems to be 11,000 BTU/hr. How did you arrive at that figure? If it's accurate then you can determine the toe-kick baseboard needed because it delivers X BTU/hr per foot based on each manufacturer's product. Simple math tells you the linear feet of toe-kick you'll need. If you want more comfort, use cast iron, not copper with aluminum fins. Also consider a ceiling fan since all the warm air will be at the top of the room... 12' up.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- heat for new kitchen

Postby lobstercraven » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 pm

my gas guy said the 11,000 btu rinnai would be fine. I really dont have any room for cast iron baseboard if thats what you mean, or else thats what I would use. too bad, because I have a bunch of it . any advice on a good toekick product? are any more quiet then the other/ more btu's etc? thanks for the advice on the fan.
lobstercraven
Minimal

Return to HVAC General Forum