Hello from Orlando (intro/school question)

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Hello from Orlando (intro/school question)

Postby SteveKH » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:11 am

Hi folks. I'm really hoping to find some advice regarding the topic of HVACR and schooling, specifically in the Florida area (central). Hopefully there are a few guys here from the area.

So moving along, I was planning on attending some sort of college/technical school in regards to HVACR. There seem to be so many in the central FL region and I'm stuck on which one to choose. When it comes to this trade, what should one look for when picking a school? I don't know if this would be considered the highest achievement in this trade but, my goal is to eventually obtain a journeyman's license

None of the schools that I've looked at offer any sort of co-op/intern program unfortunately. Should I just take whatever is more convenient (location/cost) and just get whatever certificate I can since I'm still at the beginning stages of this trade? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.
SteveKH
Minimal

- Hello from Orlando (intro/school question)

Postby heatseeker » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:18 am

pick a school that offers job placement. Of coarse saying they will get you a job and getting you one are two different things.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum