Heating not reaching thermostat temperature

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Heating not reaching thermostat temperature

Postby retos » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi

I have a condo which Im renting out and the tenant who wants to set the temperature to over 25C - she has it at 90F. Yes I know its ridiculous but to each their own. The thermostat is not a digital one and the install happened 8 years ago (age of condo as well). The previous tenant did not mention any issues. The current tenant moved in and set the thermostat to 90F. The ambient temperature is approx 21C. The furnance seems to come on for under 5mins and then shuts off. What could be the cause of this? Does the thermostat or condo furnance have an upper limit? Im considering installing a new themrostat but want to consult the matter. The property managemnt says their are no issues to report with the heating. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
retos
Minimal

- Heating not reaching thermostat temperature

Postby how » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Depends on what kind of heating system you have. Type of heating system? age/ brand / model would be a place to start.

Thermostats don't usually have temp limits except yours may have a mechanical limitation as to how high it can be turned up.
An improperly set thermostat anticipater(if you have one) can cause a short cycle.
All heating systems have temp limits to prevent fires but when installed properly and matched effectively to the area to be heated, will not limit unless there is a problem. A 5 min cycle is pretty bad.
how
Most Valued Contributor

Postby mr151 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:13 am

dont u love how when questions are asked but no further input is given when entities reach out to help
mr151
Most Valued Contributor

Postby how » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 pm

I just assume that they've also hit 5 other HVAC sites while waiting for the HVAC guy they've already called to arrive.
how
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum