Lochnivar water heater

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Lochnivar water heater

Postby skimighty » Mon May 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Just installed a lochnivar water heater,90% plus power vented. I'm getting a code for the FV sensor saying it sensing combustible fumes(gas leak). I have checked the mechanical space and there is no gas leak. While changing the furnace (oil to gas) I spilled some fuel oil on the ground. Could this sensor be picking this up? I tried to reset the water heater by unplugging it and even ohmed the sensor. It's DC voltage and I'm getting about 5 vdc to the sensor.. Any ideas? Bad control valve maybe?
skimighty
New Contributor

- Lochnivar water heater

Postby heatseeker » Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 am

No matter what the issue is it is under warranty. Your best bet is to call the installing company to come back and test it. If you installed it yourself pay the piper.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Lochnivar water heater

Postby how » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

Watch how they reset the sensor for that can end up being a real cash grab when it's eventually beyond warranty.
how
Most Valued Contributor

- Lochnivar water heater

Postby skimighty » Wed May 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Called tech support and after making sure the sensor was ok it ended up being a brand new gas valve that was bad. Changed the gas valve and it is up and running fine now. Gotta love quality equipment!
skimighty
New Contributor

- Lochnivar water heater

Postby skimighty » Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm

also there is no way to reset the senor....
skimighty
New Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum