Extending a portable A/C to another room?

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Extending a portable A/C to another room?

Postby riffwraith » Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi all

I want to buy a portable A/C (or something similar), put the unit in the living room with the exhaust hose going out the living room window, and have the cool air flowing into the bedroom. I dont want the unit in the bedroom; too much noise. Does anyone know of any unit that can do this? I was thinking of buying and modifying an existing unit with a hose, or something, but all of the units on the market seem to be molded pastic and would not afford me the opportunity to do any mods.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
riffwraith
Minimal

- Extending a portable A/C to another room?

Postby Silverjwj » Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 pm

The only ac units I know of that can be ducted are units made for wine cellars. We sell them where I work but it's very expensive if your just trying to get rid of noise. Also I don't think you could get the proper airflow with a standard window unit because they weren't designed to be ducted.
Silverjwj
Most Valued Contributor

air conditioning installation sydney

Postby Devilson123 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 am

The portable air conditioners are great benefit that can be moved from room to room or other locations. they cost a bit more than window units and use more energy.You can turn them on anywhere and they will produce cool air.
*.*.au/
Devilson123
Minimal

Return to HVAC General Forum