what do I use for gasket on Draft Inducer Blower?

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

what do I use for gasket on Draft Inducer Blower?

Postby flagged » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 am

Hi - I have a mid 90s York gas furnace and I needed to replace the Draft Inducer Blower (Fasco A222- bought on *)

First problem is I snapped one of the 4 bolts that connects the blower to the furnace.
Second problem is that there was some kind of insulation between the blower and the furnance, and also some kind of gasket material between the flue adaptor and where that bolts to the fan which fell apart when I disassembled.

I tried not using any gasket/insulation and just left the sheared bolt off my carbon monoxide detector went off so the heater's been off. (and it's really cold here now)

Looking for suggestions- is it worth fixing the snapped bolt? It looks like there a removable metal plate that the fan bolts on to that's held on by like 12 screws. If I can get that off I can remove what's left of the bolt and put in a new one but I can see there's some kind of sealant between that metal place and the furnance. Can a replacement plate be bought?

Where can I get insulation/gaskets for this?

thanks in advance for any help!
flagged
Minimal

- what do I use for gasket on Draft Inducer Blower?

Postby erockone » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 pm

you can use high temp calk maybe put the old bolt trough some plumbers strapin a u shape and put a scrwe on each side
erockone
Minimal

Return to HVAC General Forum