Where to find parts -- Novice who has exhausted all avenues

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Where to find parts -- Novice who has exhausted all avenues

Postby bkann » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi -

I have determined that my inducer motor on a Bryant 80 residential furnace is having trouble (loud squealing noise) and, barring any advice to the contrary, my intent is to replace it (the motor, not the furnace).

I've search just about every way I can think of but have not found a replacement part that matches my model number (310AAV024070AAJA).

-- These two *-**/-* identical to mine but are only specified for different furnace model - *-***://-.climatedoctors.com/items/item.aspx?*-***-*, **://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&*&*:MEWAX:-***-**/-*
-- There are four in a list here that also *-**/-* like - *-***://-.klsupplyinc.com/index.php?*&*&*%20inducer&*&*-* & L **-**/-*

So, my questions...

(1) Given that they all look the same to me and I don't have the knowledge to pick up on small differences, how interchangeable are these parts? (The 326628-761 at K&L specifically says it has motor #HC21ZE121, which is exactly what I have... would I risk the assembly not fitting right?)

(2) If none of these will work, where can I find the *-**/-* part?

(3) Mine has a bracket P/N 326634-401; shield P/N 327264-401, but I can't find a part number for the whole assembly (like they are selling them by at K&L). I suppose that would help a lot... where can I find that number?

(4) Once I get the part, it looks like it's just three screws to pop the old one out and the new one in. Am I right in assuming it's just this easy? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but have never dealt with furnaces before.

Thanks very, very much for any help you can provide! I'll greatly appreciate any input.
bkann
Minimal

- Where to find parts -- Novice who has exhausted all aven

Postby nomadpeo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 pm

bryant is actually carrier. you should be able to get it through a carrier distributor using the furnace model and serial number.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Postby garfield » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:06 am

I agree. Check w/ a Bryant/Carrier distributor. They should be able to set you up. I doubt there is any difference between the one you found and the one you need but check w/ the mfg. just to be sure.
garfield
New Contributor

Postby bkann » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I was able to find the part and it should arrive today.

Thanks again!
bkann
Minimal

Postby aircooledtx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:29 pm

**"bkann"-* -

I have determined that my inducer motor on a Bryant 80 residential furnace is having trouble (loud squealing noise) and, barring any advice to the contrary, my intent is to replace it (the motor, not the furnace).

I've search just about every way I can think of but have not found a replacement part that matches my model number (310AAV024070AAJA).

-- These two *-**/-* identical to mine but are only specified for different furnace model - *-***://-.climatedoctors.com/items/item.aspx?*-***-*, **://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&*&*:MEWAX:-***-**/-*
-- There are four in a list here that also *-**/-* like - *-***://-.klsupplyinc.com/index.php?*&*&*%20inducer&*&*-* & L **-**/-*

So, my questions...

(1) Given that they all look the same to me and I don't have the knowledge to pick up on small differences, how interchangeable are these parts? (The 326628-761 at K&L specifically says it has motor #HC21ZE121, which is exactly what I have... would I risk the assembly not fitting right?)

(2) If none of these will work, where can I find the *-**/-* part?

(3) Mine has a bracket P/N 326634-401; shield P/N 327264-401, but I can't find a part number for the whole assembly (like they are selling them by at K&L). I suppose that would help a lot... where can I find that number?

(4) Once I get the part, it looks like it's just three screws to pop the old one out and the new one in. Am I right in assuming it's just this easy? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but have never dealt with furnaces before.

Thanks very, very much for any help you can provide! I'll greatly appreciate any input.*/-*

The motor can change on same models use the model & serial to confirm which is needed for that furnace/ assembly is inducer/* motor /wheel/mounting hardware.
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum