Difference between VRV1, VRV2, VRV3

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Difference between VRV1, VRV2, VRV3

Postby sgovind » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:00 am

Dear Friends,

Can you let me know the difference between VRV1, VRV2, VRV3.
Kindly mail me srivatsa.govind@*
sgovind

- Difference between VRV1, VRV2, VRV3

Postby 4ftBanger » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 pm

VRV is a trademark of Daikin AC and stands for Variable Refrigerant Volume. Uses a combination of variable speed compressors and fans and electronic refrigerant valves to control the flow of refrigerant to multiple evaporators from one condenser. There are many major engineering differences from one series to the next.

A lot of info on VRV2 and VRV3 - including service manuals and engineering literature - is available from the website at
*.*/commercial/docs ... p?*
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

- Difference between VRV1, VRV2, VRV3

Postby 4ftBanger » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 am

dilkey...

The units I'm referring to are almost exclusively for comfort cooling. We have several hotels that have as many as 16 guest rooms on one condenser - and with a 3 pipe refrigerant system each room still has independent heat/cool changeover capability. Unofficially, they have been tested in part-load conditions in the neighborhood of 20 SEER. LG makes a very similar system called the LG Multi V, although they refer to the technology as VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) because VRV is a Daikin trademark.

In the European and Asian markets Daikin has some light refrigeration applications. They make a single condenser unit for convenience stores that acts as a condenser for the store comfort cooling as well as the refer boxes for drinks and such... A lot of the eastern products don't have UL approval in the US so our product line is more limited.
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum