Goldstar Gml 120c ductless

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Goldstar Gml 120c ductless

Postby HV HVAC » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:56 am

The unit keeps loosing power at the heads. Whether it's actuates by remote or by switch.
While this happens it's followed by flashes from
The green light and the amber light .
Each light flashes 3 times
If I turn breaker off for a few hours and then turn it back on it works for a little and than
The same scenario .
It is almost as it it is is in sleep mode and won't come out .
Any ideas ? I have 208 vac at condenser and unit operated without incident for over 2 weeks.
HV HVAC
Minimal

- Goldstar Gml 120c ductless

Postby 4ftBanger » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am

I'm not very familiar with the Brand or Model, but my educated guess is that the flashing lights are a fault code. Resetting power will reset the fault and make the system try again. Based on experience with other brands, likely causes are low refrigerant charge (a leak), or a faulty temperature sensor - Most of the newer, electronic controlled systems rely on temperature sensing resistors (thermistors). I have personally found failed thermistors in about 50% of my trouble calls on ductless systems.

I would contact the manufacturer for service literature and tech support. They should be able to help with some simple diagnostics over the phone and some of the manufacturers even have technicians that will respond to warranty issues directly.
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum