furnace wireing help

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

furnace wireing help

Postby hondamike » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 pm

yep another noob askin questions
ok it looks as tho i cant post pics but i need some help i had some one out to service my ac i had partly disassembled the wiring inside the furnace and come to find out it was something completely different but any how when he hooked everything back up he left the heater wires unhooked its getting cold soon and i need heat there is 3 wires one from im assuming the tstat and the other 2 from what ever that thing is in the furnace i cant get the pics to show i can email them to somebody basic pics of what im needing help with thanks for the help
hondamike
New Contributor

- furnace wireing help

Postby heatseeker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:25 am

was it a legit company? if so call back a tech who has experience. if not you get what you pay for.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- furnace wireing help

Postby hondamike » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:41 am

i come here to get help not pay someone to do it for me its 3 wires i cant pay someone to do it or i would if you cant help dont respond thanks
hondamike
New Contributor

- furnace wireing help

Postby heatseeker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:28 pm

um excuse me you wrote that you had some dude working on your unit however you did not state if he was a pro or joe. I was giving advice based on your statement if he was a pro you should be entitled to a free call back. If he was not a pro then your system has been jacked with by a do it yourselfer and I would not advise messin with it anymore especially if you cannot identify the types of wires and what their purpose is. Oh yuea 120 volts hurts just as 240 volts does.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- furnace wireing help

Postby hondamike » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 pm

ok to clarify my dad brought his person here to fix my ac he dose all of my dads rental property he has 25+ units the guy that "fixed" the ac is over a 2 hours away and is unable to come back i have been out of work for 6 months and have no money to pay someone to fix it i can use a screwdriver thats why i joined and posted here to get help the 3 wires i need help with all interconnect to to where the thermostat hooks up inside the furnace i have pictures of whats unhooked i have them in my photo bucket acct dono how to post them here
theres 2 wires coming from what i think is a gas valve/regulator dont know what it is it has 3 places for wires and one is coming from the thermostat its white wire
hondamike
New Contributor

- furnace wireing help

Postby heatseeker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:43 pm

make your dad pay for it, really. I can not go to photobucket so I can't see the pictures. I would ask for the dude to come back for sure, if he couldn't fix it he should not have touched it. Or at least put it back the way he found it.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum