Low side issues

Problems related to residential installations.

Low side issues

Postby Outlawcrewcab » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:50 am

I have a rheem heat pump that keeps pumping the low side down. Ac guy came and replaced the expansion valve first. Work good for a day or two. Then same thing goes into lo press lockout. Ac guy came back replaced online filter same issue. Some times I can reset after it set few hours and ac will work for awhile. Or I can turn it on heat after rest let run for a few. Then go back to ac and work. Then it will pump it self down. Ac guy lost. I'm lost. Watch the gauges when it happens. And low side just drops down to zero and machine turns off. Any ideas?
Outlawcrewcab
Minimal

- Low side issues

Postby Freon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

When set to AC, what are the low AND high side pressure readings? If the high side is too high then a block in the line is possible. But to have this problem happen when no one has opened the system is a puzzle. Check the high side service port to be sure it's wide open. Before this problem first occurred, did you have any work done on the system?
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Low side issues

Postby heatseeker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm

get a new ac guy one who can figure it out and ask for your money back on the parts already replaced cause it was misdiagnosed.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential