Burner and Blower Won't Start on Furnace

Problems related to residential installations.

Burner and Blower Won't Start on Furnace

Postby Vincent604 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Hey guys,

my dad was trying to fix the furnace because its not working and won't produce heat. I looked up briefly on the net to find a solution to this and found one method'. It suggested that the thing you should check up first is the t-stat, where you open it up and connect two wires and wait a few seconds to see if the furnace starts up again. My dad tried this and nothing happened.

What could be the problem? Any suggestions and helpful things we could do would be appreciated. thanks.

I'll provide some info if need be.
Vincent604
Minimal

- Burner and Blower Won't Start on Furnace

Postby heatseeker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm

First off don't let dad work on it anymore secondly you need to call a tech. for this one cause it needs help that you can't offer.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Burner and Blower Won't Start on Furnace

Postby Freon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Make, model and age of the furnace? Do not mess with anything unless you turn off the power to the furnace. With the thermostat reconnected as it should be (done with power off), have someone call for heat at the thermostat while you are at the furnace with paper and pencil. Write down everything you see and hear in sequential order. To help you we need to know what does and does not happen as the furnace tries to work. The more detailed, the better the answer.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential