Amana model GSI115D50A wont come on

Problems related to residential installations.

Amana model GSI115D50A wont come on

Postby marksman85 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 am

My furnace worked fine last winter, but when I tried to start it up this year, it won't do anything. The blower doesn't come on or the burners do not ignite. I have verified that I am getting power to the furnace, and have tried jumpering across the thermostat contacts. It has a white rodgers model 50A50-205 control board and the led on the control board never comes on. I am thinking maybe the control board has went bad, but not really sure how to test it. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on my problem I would greatly appreciate hearing them. Thanks.
marksman85
Minimal

- Amana model GSI115D50A wont come on

Postby Freon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Did you have any very bad electrical storms this summer? Induced current from close lightning strikes can fry microelectronics. Closely check the fuse on the control board. If you have a volt meter, measure the voltage at the transformer. One side (pair) should be 24 volts AC, the other 120 volts AC. If you are not seeing voltage at the transformer, check the 120 volt AV power to the furnace.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Amana model GSI115D50A wont come on

Postby marksman85 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 pm

I did have a couple electrical storms over the summer that did take out some other items in the house. I have been doing a little more troubleshooting and i am getting my 120vac to the furnace and my 24vac at the transformer. I've got 5 different limit switches and they are all reading fine, my pressure switch is reading fine. My combustion blower never kicks on when I activate the thermostat. I'm pretty sure at this point that the control board is bad, the only thing i'm not sure about is the gas valve. There is no pilot light on this furnace and only on and off positions on the gas valve and only 2 wire connections. I'm not really what I should be reading at the gas valve.
marksman85
Minimal

Return to Residential