thermostat is blank?

Problems related to residential installations.

thermostat is blank?

Postby ms.fixit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:05 pm

basement thermostat is blank . its digital, no batteries. no heat or air . do I need to replace the thermostat , or could it be something else ?please help !
ms.fixit
Minimal

- thermostat is blank?

Postby Freon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I would guess there is no power to the thermostat and the furnace control board. First check the circuit breaker in your main panel box to be sure there's 120v AC getting to the furnace. Be sure the furnace on/off switch is ON. Next, if you have 120 volt power, look on the circuit board that's inside the furnace for a small (~1"long, 1/4" diameter cylinder shape) fuse. See if that's blown. If that fuse is blown then we need to determine if it blew due to a freak happening or a real problem. Make and model of the furnace will help.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- thermostat is blank?

Postby heatseeker » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:45 pm

it might be electric heat which is 240 volts at the air handler. You have lost power somewhere all you have to do is find out where.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- thermostat is blank?

Postby meard421 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 am

I would guess there is no superpower to the thermoregulator and the furnace essay inhabit. Forward ensure the racecourse breakers in your water committee box to be sure there's 120v AC getting to the furnace. Be sure the furnace on/off exchange is ON. Close, if you bonk 120 volt powerfulness, wait on the racecourse panel that's part the furnace for a petite (~1"extendible, 1/4" length chamber concretism) fuze.

****.ca/* ***
****.ca/* Computer ***
meard421
Minimal

Return to Residential