replacement part for Thermo Pride gas furnace

Problems related to residential installations.

replacement part for Thermo Pride gas furnace

Postby livengood » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am

Hello.. I had 2 different companies come and look @ my furnace and they both came to the conclusion that my pressure switch is bad and needs replaced.. A few years back a tech replaced this part and said it wasn't the model that is made for it and it would prob need replaced again but would work for now...
my question is there are lots of pressure switches from diff companies which one is compatible with my furnace.
Thermo pride # Z21-47-1983
Model # IGH7-100
SR # 65047

current pressure switch
RSS -495-351
FS @ .70"WCVF-V
57492-1

upon reading up on this item it seems fairly simple to replace and does not involve the gas line.. If i can save myself $200 dollars im going to do it myself...
livengood
New Contributor

- replacement part for Thermo Pride gas furnace

Postby heatseeker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

Saving money is what got you a wrong pressure switch in the first place. Why would you have two company's tell you the problem is the pressure switch, if you don't trust someone don't deal with them at all. Besides my experience is the costumers who say they have been ripped off are the biggest target because they second guess everything. Just call a reputable company to do the job right in the first place and quit cutting corners.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby livengood » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:57 pm

I have not been ripped off! You didn't understand my post I guess. I paid a reputable company several years ago to fix this problem, they did not have the exact model and they installed the one that is currently on and said it would work but might need replaced latter on....
The first company that came out told me since my furnace is a thermopride that he didn't carry the parts to call the other company since they are a thermopride dealer...The 2nd company came over and confirmed the pressure switch and said they didnt have the part and would have to fiqure out the replacement part..I am asking for some help with trying to figure out wha is compatible with my furnace since noone seems to know, even the thermopride dealer..
livengood
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. The parts should not be hard to find at all, even if they are they do sell genetic or universal parts.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential