McQuay Indoor heat pump units

Problems related to residential installations.

McQuay Indoor heat pump units

Postby bpjones1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Good afternoon

I have been unable to find any boards containing in formation about mcquy hvac units. I have a unit That has been acting up for a month now. Super told me to reset the heat pump by turning off the circuit breaker. This worked the first time but has not worked since. The fan will only turn on if I reset the unit and then the heat will only run 1 cycle 4 shutting off and will not turn back on again once the thermostat reads below the set temperature. It will even turn itself off when seg to on not just autorun. Circuit board has been replaced and filter has been cleaned. Any ideas?
bpjones1
Minimal

- McQuay Indoor heat pump units

Postby heatseeker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 pm

fyi water source heat pumps can be hazardous to your health. What exactly is the thing doing? Need better description of problem and unit.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby bpjones1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 am

McQuay model R-410a flat top unit. I live in NYC so water source heat pumps are standard in elevator buildings. I am in a 23 story apt building. The problem I have is that I am constantly having to reset the unit. It will run for two cycles at most. After that the unit will not kick on even though the thermostat shows the temp is lower than where it is set. The fan wont even turn on. This requires me to turn the breaker off and reset it. It has neen over a month and they have replaced the heat pump, circuit board, bled the lines.
bpjones1
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

Did they replace the heat exchanger too or just the compressor? If they did not replace the heat exchanger I would assume that is your problem or you could have a air flow problem please clarify.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential