Trying to solved a problem with a trane heat pump split syst

Problems related to residential installations.

Trying to solved a problem with a trane heat pump split syst

Postby PowerofPain0 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

I recently reinstalled a trane split system heat pump. The model number is TWX036C100A0 . The problem im have that is in Cool mode the system works fine, it about 45 to 50 degrees outside temp. The pressure is about 50psi on the low side and 120 on the cool side . But when i switch it to heat mode the pressure equalize about 300 psi on the high and low side. I waited about five to eight minute to see if it will do anything but it didnt. I was told that i might about 15 min to twenty minutes. need your help.
PowerofPain0
New Contributor

- Trying to solved a problem with a trane heat pump split

Postby PowerofPain0 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I put a deep vaccum on the system about an hour long, I waited for about 20 min to see if their were any movement. The system call for 9Pounds 15oz. I weight it in with my scale. Then I started having these problem
PowerofPain0
New Contributor

Postby PowerofPain0 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm

My question is why is it running on cool mode , the compressor kicks in and nothing wrong ,but on heat mode the pressure jump up on high side and low side and it equalize. Wouldn't it affect both heating and cooling. just wanted to know
PowerofPain0
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am

something is defiantly wrong.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby derrold_d » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 am

sounds like the reversing valve or txv in the condenser unit. i would start with amp draw on reversing valve in cool mode. if it is stuck or sticking most likly it will be off. also take temp on reversing valve to verify proper operation. i believe it is an issue there.
derrold_d
New Contributor

Return to Residential