Switching to digital thermostat

Problems related to residential installations.

Switching to digital thermostat

Postby jbarnett21 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm

My old system is a tempstar 6 wire, here are the following wiring routes of my old system

* brown wire
* Blue wire
* wire
* wire
* Orange wire
* wire

The honeywell I bought has the - Y2, W2, G, W, Y, R, RC for conventional and then the heat pump under as follows L,E,AUX,G,O/B, Y,R,RC

From the driections it seems that The G,Y,R go in their respectable slots labled as such, It states if orange/blue wires used then tape blue and place orange in that o/b slot, which is also the W slot. My question is where does my original Brown wire go? if it doesnt go in the W o/b slot with the orange wire.

IDK if what i typed even makes any sense, but if anyone out there has had any experience with these id appreciate any help.
jbarnett21
Minimal

- Switching to digital thermostat

Postby heatseeker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 am

Get a tech, This is not a DIY project. You people crack me up, you go out and buy stuff but don't know how to put it in, being cheap does not save you money in the long run.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby jbarnett21 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 am

After doing a little more research, I did in fact get it installed and it works great. This is a great DIY project, Im feeling pretty good that i was able to install this and not have to pay some Tech 300 times what hes worth lol.....
jbarnett21
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes generally not difficult to install t-stat but a lot of people go in with good intentions and screw things up quickly. Good job , do you need a job?
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

If you can figure out how to install a heat pump t-stat you are 90 % qualified for a HVAC job.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential