Goodman GMT 140 5A Wiring

Problems related to residential installations.

Goodman GMT 140 5A Wiring

Postby susantrendy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Help Help, Please!!

I had to replace my BX 2 wire cables to my furnace and some of the wiring to the furnace got loosened. How do I rewire? The thermostat is White-Rogers 1F87-361. Don't know the A/C model, but it has two wires, white and red.

Thanks in advance!
SR
susantrendy
Minimal

- Goodman GMT 140 5A Wiring

Postby juster » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Check the

Thermostat Wiring Chart

in the Articles form on this site
juster
Most Valued Contributor

Postby susantrendy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. I did check that article, but the links don't seem to work. Can you send them to me?

SR
susantrendy
Minimal

Postby Freon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am

Turn off the power to the furnace. Go to the thermostat and carefully remove the cover. Find where the control wires connect to the thermostat and write down the color of the wire and the letter designation of the terminal it connects to. For example, if there is a red wire and it connects to a terminal on the thermostat designated R, you'd write Red--- R. Once you have mapped all the wires, go to the furnace and you will see the same letter designations on the furnace control board as on the thermostat. You now know what color wire goes to which terminal. But double check there have not been any color changes in the wires at the furnace from what you saw at the thermostat. A new wire splice is always possible but unlikely.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential