Apollo Hydro Heating - Hot Water But No Heat

Problems related to residential installations.

Apollo Hydro Heating - Hot Water But No Heat

Postby iandude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 pm

I recently purchased a townhouse that has an Apollo Hydro heating system, Model# 30AHW3B.

Lately, my area has been having some cold nights, so I turned on the heater. However, while there was air flow, there was no heat.

I hear the furnace pilot light turn on when someone takes a shower, and there's hot water. Do I need to "winterize" the furnace by making some sort of change to it?

Thank You,
Ian
iandude
Minimal

- Apollo Hydro Heating - Hot Water But No Heat

Postby Freon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

There will be piping coning from the hot water heater to the Apollo air handler. When you call for heat there should be a circulation pump that circulates the hot water from the hot water heater to the air handler heat exchanger. I do not know the specific system but from your description it seems hot water is not getting to the air handler.

Call for heat and go to the air handler. CAREFULLY feel the copper pipes going into the air handler. If they do not get hot, there is no water circulating. You need to find how the system is supposed to circulate the water and see why that's not happening. It's possible a zone valve isn't working and the circulation pump is. This is all speculation. See what you can find and post back.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential