Amana Furnace control panel error help needed

Problems related to residential installations.

Amana Furnace control panel error help needed

Postby ritchie1108 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:17 pm

I have an Amana furnace with a 50m56u-843 control panel. Air conditioner was working fine, but when put into heat mode, the panel blinks six times, meaning that there is a problem with roll-out switch. Bypassed the switch, same problem. Do not know how to reset the control panel, so I put in a new one. Once again, the air conditioner worked perfectly, but I was stupid and tried to put the heat on. Now the system is locked up again, the air conditioner will not come on and the error code of six blinks is back. I disconnected and reconnected all the wires, but the panel is stuck with that error code again and nothing will run. What could the problem be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ritchie1108
Minimal

- Amana Furnace control panel error help needed

Postby Freon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Post the complete Amana furnace number and the make model of the control board. Do not use any dashes, quotation marks or slashes because they get edited. Simple numbers and letters is all we need.

When you replaced the control board did you turn off the power first. To reset the system, try turning off the power for 30 minutes and then turn it back on.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential