Comformaker Inducer Draining issue ?

Problems related to residential installations.

Comformaker Inducer Draining issue ?

Postby sispcsystems » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 am

Hello,

I`m having an issue with heat with my brand new comfortmaker C9MPX unit. (first time turning on heat, and no I`m not able to call back the original installers, I tried!)

From the start, this is what -

Thermostat calls for heat, unit turns on everything looks fine, then 2-3 minutes later, burners go off, blower still going, the board LED shows 3 flashes (which based on the cover means, pressure switch is open, should be closed) then blower stops after about 20-30 sec, then burners light up again and cycles conts... (I took out the pipe going down to pump and only after burners go out, water drains out)

I actually had repair people come and they are saying the unit is not leveled properly and the inducer is not able to drain its own condensate, so the hoes going to the pressure switch gets full of water and reports to the board that its open. No the issue with this response is that I still see water drain after the burners stop and inducer stops... So how can it not be leveled properly if the water drains after ? If it is not leveled properly is that something I can do ?

Here are the things I checked, 2 switches, click when I blow in to them, the inducer hoses are all clean, the trap seems to be clean down the pump.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
sispcsystems
Minimal

- Comformaker Inducer Draining issue ?

Postby Freon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:30 pm

It's too bad the original installer is not there. However if the manufacturer's warranty is still in effect, call another dealer.

First, make sure it's the pressure switch in the inducer assembly. Jumper it TEMPORARILY and make sure the furnace runs as it should thru several cycles.

If the problem is the pressure switch there are two - One, it's a bad switch and 2, the furnace wasn't installed correctly. See if you can find the detailed installation instructions. With those you should be able to determine if there's a level issue or maybe something else. Check the hose from the pressure switch to the inducer assembly to be sure it's correctly routed.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby sispcsystems » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, But I believe its the trap drain that was not installed properly.
sispcsystems
Minimal

Postby Freon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm

If the drain doesn't end in the house sewer/septic system, remove the trap and see if that fixes the problem.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential