Hydraline

Problems related to residential installations.

Hydraline

Postby drvenkman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:26 pm

I just moved into a house that has a boiler. I have 12 in the wall radiators that say Borg-Warner Hydraline. 5 of the blower fans are bad and I need help finding replacements. If anyone out there knows anything, please help.
drvenkman
Minimal

- Hydraline

Postby Freon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

You have 2 - First, find an old plumbing shop that was installing these systems in the 1950s or second, remove a fan and either repair or replace the blower motor, if that's what's bad. You will have to be creative.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Hydraline

Postby drvenkman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you happen to know where I might find some info online for these units? I cant find anything!
drvenkman
Minimal

- Hydraline

Postby Freon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am

Sadly I don't think you'll find any online information due to the age of the units. That's why I recommend calling plumbing and heating establishments that have been around since the 60s. Many times the local plumber installed many similar systems during a given few years. You might check with neighbors. It's possible others in your neighborhood have similar systems and may provide help. You could also contact Borg Warner directly and see if they have any archival literature.

Another option is take one of the blower assemblies apart and find a new motor that will physically and electrically fit. You may have to reverse engineer this system and make your own manual.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential