Goodman air handler

Problems related to residential installations.

Goodman air handler

Postby pezmorized » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello, I have a Goodman air handler, model #ARUF024-00A-1A. In the year we've been in this house it has worked just fine. Lately, however, it's had issues. The thermostat was in the off position yet the air conditioning unit outside ran. Also, when the thermostat is in heat position it blows cold air, and when it's set to air it blows hot air, and the air conditioning unit outside runs. Strange since it has worked fine during the last year. I checked the thermostat wiring and it doesn't appear correct, but who knows. The green wire goes to G, the blue to C, red to R, yellow to W AND Y, and white to O. My neighbor is having the same issue (air unit outside runs constantly when thermostat is in the off position. Their wiring is the same except that white goes to B. My unit has no outdoor thermostat or heat kit. Thanks for any input you can supply. Rob
pezmorized
Minimal

- Goodman air handler

Postby nomadpeo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:17 am

sounds like you may have a heat pump. also sounds like you may have a contactor stuck closed outside. with the thermostat in the 'off' position, your outside unit should not be running. if it is, turn the breaker off to the outside unit and call a technician.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Goodman air handler

Postby pezmorized » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks so much for the input. I'll check the contactor. Can I assume that the wiring to the thermostat was correct? If so, is my neighbor's incorrect or are both acceptable. Thanks again! Rob
pezmorized
Minimal

- Goodman air handler

Postby nomadpeo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:31 am

not sure about your neighbor's without more info, but his white wire may be picking up an aux common from the b terminal. maybe your tech will have time to check their's out too.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential