Space between draft inducer and furnace?

Problems related to residential installations.

Space between draft inducer and furnace?

Postby manwhoplaysblues » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:13 am

Hello,

I removed my Fasco 7021-11577S when the bearings went bad and ordered the A225 OEM replacement. I notice that when mounted this new draft inducer it whistles really loud .Is the hole in the back of the draft inducer supposed to be flush against the hole in the furnace because there is a space. The old draft inducer assembly had some type of foam or rubber ring glued to the back of it . Seems like there isn't a replacement that has that . Any help would be appreciated thanks
manwhoplaysblues
Minimal

- Space between draft inducer and furnace?

Postby juster » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 am

I would go to a gasket shop to get one custom made. It will most likely not cost to much. Or bring the old gasket to the place where you got your part from and get a piece of gasket material and cut one out your self. Try to make sure the material is the same. Check out the yellow pages for gaskets shops or furnace supply shops.
Best of luck
juster
Most Valued Contributor

- Space between draft inducer and furnace?

Postby aircooledtx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm

**"manwhoplaysblues"-*,

I removed my Fasco 7021-11577S when the bearings went bad and ordered the A225 OEM replacement. I notice that when mounted this new draft inducer it whistles really loud .Is the hole in the back of the draft inducer supposed to be flush against the hole in the furnace because there is a space. The old draft inducer assembly had some type of foam or rubber ring glued to the back of it . Seems like there isn't a replacement that has that . Any help would be appreciated */-*

I would not run that unit until I got a gasket or made a seal with high temp. silicone..RED/tube
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential