Air Handler blower slowing down?

Problems related to residential installations.

Air Handler blower slowing down?

Postby ncguy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Hello all, new to this forum and having issues with my air handler. Noticed the other week that it could not keep the house cooled at 72 when it was only 78 outside. I noticed the air blowing was very weak, but cold. Turned it off and started it again the next day, and noticed it blew harder and after sometime, it became weak again and could not keep the house cold, bc it wasn't pushing out enough air. Is this a motor going bad or could it be other variables in the air handler? It's an older model, Ruud UHQA-1215J. Looked up the blower motor and quite expensive, so don't want to replace parts just to find out that wasn't the issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice and insight!

~John
ncguy
Minimal

- Air Handler blower slowing down?

Postby aircooledtx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Sounds to me like stopped up filter or evaporator coil.. Check it soon / slugging liquid to compressor is NOT good.
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Postby ncguy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you for the reply, I forgot to mention, I did replace the air filters and also climbed up and checked out the coils and they were clean on the intake side.
ncguy
Minimal

Postby aircooledtx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:59 am

**"ncguy"-* you for the reply, I forgot to mention, I did replace the air filters and also climbed up and checked out the coils and they were clean on the intake side.*/-*
Might want to check it after it runs for hour; to see if evaporator has ice, or motor is HOT to the touch.. Be careful..
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential