I have a Trane XR80 and have no heat. The led light blinks 4 times which indicates an open high limit device. How do I fix *
1) I turn on heat
2) Draft Inducer motor starts
3) Led light blinks 4 times
4) Burners do not come on (doesn't ignite)
1) Filter is new
2) Blower motor appears to be working (It spins and air is moving, although not sure if it's weak or not.)
3) Burners do not come on even after turning off the power and then turning it back on. However, they do come on if I leave it off for a long time (like a week) and then turn it back on. Burner stays on for 30sec - 1 minutes then turns off.
4) High limit switch was replaced but problem remains
5) This also happened 6 months ago. The service technician said my furnace was dirty so he cleaned it and it worked for 6 months, but the issue has resurfaced. I change filters regularly and furnace does not appear to be clogged/dirty (although I have not taken the furnace apart to look inside the different chambers).
What can I * Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!