Outside Condenser - Central Air problem

Problems related to residential installations.

Outside Condenser - Central Air problem

Postby mr.jones » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Folks,

First time poster, long time reader here.

I was hoping someone could help me out with a problem I have. Recently I had the side of my house where my AC unit sits resurfaced with a concrete path. The workers had to raise the condenser unit from it's level position on a concrete slab and placed it on four blocks (1 block for each corner of the unit). The unit itself was not very steady but I thought they would come back to fix it and level it back in place. Well, that wasn't the case so when I complained to the owner he sent a couple of guys over. They ended up breaking the blocks away which by now were firmly set in the cocrete and in so doing also broke away most of the concrete under the unit. The very same concrete they poured not two days before! So now I am taking matters into my own hands.

If I backfil the hole under the unit with gravel and sand and then place a concrete slab over top ensuring it is level on all sides will this be a sufficient solution. It looks like I can probably do the job myself needing only a little help when I am actaully moving the concrete pad into place and then the condenser over top of that.

Thanks for any assistance!
mr.jones
Minimal

- Outside Condenser - Central Air problem

Postby nomadpeo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:51 pm

no question there, but if you need a vote of confidence, you have my vote.

the only advice is to make sure you have enough resilience in the freon lines to raise the unit without kinking them.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Outside Condenser - Central Air problem

Postby mr.jones » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence nomadpeo. I'm not not necessarily the most skillful when it comes to this type of work but the encouragement helps. I am going to go ahead and give it a shot tomorrow.
mr.jones
Minimal

Return to Residential