Intertherm

Problems related to residential installations.

Intertherm

Postby C4BLTM » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:37 pm

I have a intertherm model e2eb-017ha. I get water all over the blower its wires, its soaking my floor. Ive had a hvac company out here multiple times still not fixed, the drail pan is fine the drain pipe isnt clogged and works fine the water just seems to drip off the a coil insted of running down it. If any one has some advice or could help that would be great.
C4BLTM
Minimal

- Intertherm

Postby nomadpeo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:54 pm

the evaporator may need to be cleaned. also, if there is any ice buildup happening, it could be melting off, causing the problem. is the system cooling well ?
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Intertherm

Postby C4BLTM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 pm

It was cleaned a month ago even did it after that. Its cooling the house great, no ice that I've noticed. It was cleaned with a brush and some kind of spray. Is there any other way to clean it better?
C4BLTM
Minimal

- Intertherm

Postby nomadpeo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 pm

if the coil surface is not clean, water can splatter and bounce off the surface instead of running down. a weak coil cleaner/water solution sprayed on the surface should help that.

i'm not familiar with the model number, but is the blower above the coil pulling air through ? if so, the drain line needs a trap in it. the trap creates a liquid seal so air can't be sucked through the drain line while the blower is running. this condition will prevent water from leaving except when the blower is off.

is this a mobile home unit with electric heat on the bottom and coil above the blower at waist high ?
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential