Low suction pressure on compressor

HVAC questions and problems within commercial installations.

Low suction pressure on compressor

Postby siva » Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 am

when taking gague readings on compressor systems low pressure indicates 1 psi and high pressure indicates 1954. super heat is 3 degrees.

This is a four compressor chiller system with compressor is down. the readings are as -

1 2 3 4

Low pressure 1 19 20

High pressure 195 185 185

superheat 3 deg F 8 F 10 F

Please explain every possible reasons for the Low suction pressure on compressor #1 ??

Siva
siva
Minimal

- Low suction pressure on compressor

Postby nomadpeo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:15 pm

more info on systems / compressors
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Postby hjkghj33 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:45 am

In the expansion valve A/C system, the warm liquid is then passed through a receiver-drier which removes moisture (via a desiccant in the drier) from the refrigerant to maximize the efficiency of the heat exchange capability of the refrigerant. On 944s, the receiver-drier is a small canister (probably with a sightglass on top) located near behind the driver's side headlight (LHD cars). No phase change occurs as the refrigerant passes through the receiver-drier. From there, the refrigerant is then passed through the expansion valve. The expansion valve has a sensing line that is attached to the suction of the A/C compressor. The expansion valve senses the pressure at the suction of the A/C compressor and modulates to maintain the pressure at the compressor suction. On 944s, the expansion valve is located near in the passenger's footwell (LHD cars) near the center console next to the firewall.
hjkghj33
Minimal

Postby surenuff » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:20 pm

what the heck?????????????????????
surenuff
Regular Contributor

Postby jonty13 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:09 pm

In the enlargement valve A/C group, the enthusiastic watery is then passed finished a receiver-drier which removes wetness (via a fricative in the fricative) from the cold to exploit the efficiency of the turn workplace charitableness of the refrigerant. On 944s, the receiver-drier is a young container (belie with a sight glass on top) located artificial down the wood's indorse headlight (LED cars). No period replace occurs as the refrigerant passes through the receiver-drier. From there, the refrigerant is then passed finished the elaboration regulator. The expansion valve has a perception pi page that is intended to the suction of the A/C compressor.
jonty13
Minimal

Postby aon123 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:51 pm

oh it is a good and nice post i like to say you have share a good piece of information i like to say thanks i have get a lot of information from it thanks ...
aon123
New Contributor

Postby Chillerman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 am

Is it me or does anybody do commercial work here, I take it your referring to only number 1 compressor, the rests seem fine, You might try slowing down water flow water cooled? or air cooled?
Chillerman
Regular Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Low suction * coil is too cold.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Commercial