No heating for the house

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

No heating for the house

Postby mikenguyen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:23 pm

I turn on the heater for the house and it works for couple day. Next day, I can only hear the blower run but no heat comes out from the ceiling. I turn off the heater for 5 minutes and turn it back on which the blower is runing but no air come out from the ceiling. I check the unit, and turn off the switch for few minutes then turn the switch on then I turn the heater unit on...I still can only hear the blower run...Is that mean I need to replace the ignition where it will light up when I turn the heater unit on? Please help.
Thanks
mikenguyen
New Contributor

- No heating for the house

Postby mikenguyen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm

I found the issue was the electronic ignition gas furnace needs to replace. Now the system tell me that the presure switch failed to closed...so what do I need to do...Please help.
mikenguyen
New Contributor

Postby mikenguyen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Thank so much...would you please tell me how can I find the presure switch? I do not know what it looks like? Thanks in advance
mikenguyen
New Contributor

Postby nomadpeo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 pm

the blower you hear is the induced draft blower which blows air out the flue pipe. the next step in the sequence is for the ignitor to come on, but first, the pressure switch must close, proving there is air being forced out the flue pipe. my advice to you is to call a qualified technician to check this problem out. while i admire your willlingness to fix things yourself, this is a fire safety issue and needs to be tested professionally.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Technicians Only