any thoughts about cool bot

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

any thoughts about cool bot

Postby paw paw » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 am

I've read all the info on cool bot on the internet(storeitcold com), home made coolers with ordinary window AC units incorporated with cool bot to cool down to the mid 30's. Is there anyone on this site who has had any experiences with cool bots.
I have a neighbor who wants to make a cheap cooler using cool bot and a window AC unit for a worm farm cooler.
paw paw
Regular Contributor

- any thoughts about cool bot

Postby nomadpeo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm

i checked it out because i was skeptical. actually, it's a pretty ingenious way to implement some common technology that a totally non-technical person can use with a shelf window unit, converting it to a lower temp capable unit. the remote thermostat bulb makes contact with a heater to force it to stay on longer. an added sensor and timer forces air defrost. the room thermostat ties into the control box. very simple. the key to the idea is emphasized on the site, and that is a super sealed and insulated room. this minimizes the need for defrost. i have several acquaintences whose kids raise chickens and cows for competition. it seems ideal. i think it's about $300 a pop.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Technicians Only