Lennox Pulse furnace problem

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

Lennox Pulse furnace problem

Postby Hellvac » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi,

I just bought a house and as an HVAC tech I checked out the Furnace and Condenser before the home was bought. Much to my dismay, it was a Lennox. But it seemed to be working correctly. When I first switched the stat over to heating, I noticed the furnace made some clicking noises for a few minutes before it fired up. I didn't hear the normal sequence of events that come with most furnaces. But I was satisfied that it did its thing.
After moving in, I decided to check the gas pressure to make sure it was correct. But the furnace never came on. The stat was sending the call for heat and I heard various clicking coming from the unit, but the inducer never kicked on. I had to remove a heavy plate that was fastened with 6 bolts to even get to the inducer (which sat atop another device covered by insulation). Very bizarre component configuration.
I have voltage going to the inducer but it wouldn't start up. Just random clicking, which sounds like it's coming from the gas valve. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any tips? Right now I'm thinking it's a bad inducer, but this thing is so complicated to what I'm used to (Goodmans) that I'm not sure..
Hellvac
Minimal

- Lennox Pulse furnace problem

Postby heatseeker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 am

keep practicing until you figure it out. just don't blow it or yourself up. As a tech you should have enough experience to figure it out without too much difficulty.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Lennox Pulse furnace problem

Postby 4ftBanger » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:14 am

Lennox pulse is definitely a different breed. I know that the sequence of operation is a little different than more conventional gas furnaces. Luckily the literature is more available now than it was back in the 90s. You should be able to find service literature and troubleshooting guides - if not online somewhere, then look for a Lennox distributor in your area.
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Technicians Only