Nordyne G6R Stopped up vent?

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Nordyne G6R Stopped up vent?

Postby brewerofales » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am

Replaced pressure switch.(Had red led flashing twice). Worked fine for a 12 hour period.Then burner would not stay lit. Pulled rubber hose from draft inducer and got water to drain.Worked fine until hose fills up again, then cuts off burner.Blew out lines going to and from pressure switch. figuring "gunk" in lines was causing problem.(no gunk).Should I take apart draft inducer cover? Seems to have caulking around it so I didn't want to mess around with it thinking I could do more harm than good .Also took a wet/dri vac to the drain hose. Didn't help.Any suggestions? Furnace is 12yrs. old.
brewerofales
New Contributor

- Nordyne G6R Stopped up vent?

Postby brettyg » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

It seems that the unit is not draining the water properly and it is causing the pressure swith to fall out. Did you check all of the the drain pvc and the trap for the water off the unit. Blow throught the pvc if at all possible, and if not cut the pvc blow through it and couple pvc back together. As for the rubber gasket, I believe it should be ok to take off the inducer motor and if the gasket does break use some silicone to put back together.

brettyg
Minimal

Postby brewerofales » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 am

Ok, called an HVAC tech.Ran a multitude of tests.Everything tested ok.Of course system worked fine for him.He ran 2 cycles.NOW he says system is oversized!(120,00btu) Says return duct work is too small that's why heat cuts out?I have a 2,000sq.ft.two story home.Having a "comfort advisor" come to "properly size" for a new furnace.Feel like I'm being taken for a ride here.I figure furnace is 12 years old and maybe needs replacing soon anyway?Had 3 different HVAC Co's service this furnace since 08' and none ever mentioned improper sizing! Any thoughts from the Pro's would be greatly appreciated.
brewerofales
New Contributor

Postby brewerofales » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 am

Yea duke, cleaned everything.put a wet dri vac to hoses.blew through lines everything seems to be clear.I asked the same question about my house not getting smaller! He says it's failing now because the furnace has been overworked all these years.Going to get several estimates from different company's, and see what they have to say.Thanks for all your help.
brewerofales
New Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum