Aux Light Stays on to long.

Problems related to residential installations.

Aux Light Stays on to long.

Postby Stringedacoustic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

Wow it is getting cold here in NC at night,

My Aux light was on and would stay on for an hour and no heat was coming out. Checked the filter and it was plugged up. Replaced it and the heat started working right immediately.

Aux light would come on heat would come out you can smell the elements working in 5 to 10 min the green light goes off and it goes to circulate mode.

Got up two days later and the Aux light was on and Again NO HEAT. Back up to its old tricks again.

When an element goes bad can it work sporadically like that or do they just burn out and thats it?

The heat does work in Emergency mode.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Here is the specs;

Coleman - EB12B
Ser# 020200974
39.000.00 BTUH
Stringedacoustic
New Contributor

- Aux Light Stays on to long.

Postby Stringedacoustic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Update,

I pulled the heating elements out and checked them over. Put it back in and left the inspection plate off,

Stuck a Mirror in to watch it and

In Heat mode None of the element glowed.

in Aux mode maybe 5 to 10 % started glowing red.

In emergency Heat mode maybe 15 % was glowing red. I have only common knowledge of how this works. Is this normal ? The system is 10 years old. Could it be the elements or something in line with it?
Stringedacoustic
New Contributor

- Aux Light Stays on to long.

Postby Stringedacoustic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Update,

I pulled the heating elements out and checked them over. Put it back in and left the inspection plate off,

Stuck a Mirror in to watch it and

In Heat mode None of the element glowed.

in Aux mode maybe 5 to 10 % started glowing red.

In emergency Heat mode maybe 15 % was glowing red. I have only common knowledge of how this works. Is this normal ? The system is 10 years old. Could it be the elements or something in line with it?
Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.
Stringedacoustic
New Contributor

Return to Residential