White-Westinghouse WSA095DCC

Problems related to residential installations.

White-Westinghouse WSA095DCC

Postby maheanuu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 pm

I am working on a friends Split System and the compressor is working fine and the evap is cooling wonderfully, the problem is that the air handler fan is not turning and they do not have a manual or a schematic on this unit. The Model is WSA095DCC - No. R82688C (type ID is well worn and not sure on the unit....

I have been looking for the starting cap as it is possibly the culprit I can hear the air handler hum when it tries to start but no joy... Any information on the placement of the Start Cap. and the schematic for the control circuit would be super helpful....
maheanuu
Minimal

- White-Westinghouse WSA095DCC

Postby nomadpeo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:45 pm

if the motor is humming, it may be the run capacitor. replace it with a generic part from the parts house. if it doesn't work, further testing will need to be performed with a meter.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Postby maheanuu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm

**"nomadpeo"-* the motor is humming, it may be the run capacitor. replace it with a generic part from the parts house. if it doesn't work, further testing will need to be performed with a meter.*/-*

I am totally in agreement, my prob is trying to find the Start/Run Cap...... No User Manual, No Schematics or Parts Diag's... I am not at the end of the world, but over it...

I am located on the island of Raiatea in the middle of the South Pacific. I am headed back for another try, but so far I have found nothing. I am familiar with start or run caps. My problem is trying to find it on this unit. I have the cover removed, and have pulled the plastic wiring tray/PC Board and looked at the motor, but no start cap anywhere to be found...

That is the reason I am looking for any repair info for this particular unit....

Thanks for the quick reply, I do appreciate your help.....
maheanuu
Minimal

Postby nomadpeo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:43 pm

sounds like you're where i want to be.

if you are looking for the run capacitor on the indoor squirrel cage blower, it is probably mounted with a strap on the side of the blower housing. it will have two brown wires routed to it. once you find it and pull it, record the mfd rating, it will probably be 5, 7.5 or 10. you should be able to have it overnighted to you if you need to. by the way, this capacitor is not like an electronic capacitor on a circuit board. it will be a silver cannister, oval shaped, approx 3 to 5 inches in length and approx 3 inches wide. you may already know that, but since you cannot locate it, i wanted to describe what you are looking for.

fyi - refer to it as the blower run capacitor when ordering. the word 'start' will confuse the issue.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential