help with PA 24K-1S

Problems related to residential installations.

help with PA 24K-1S

Postby airportsteve » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I am having trouble with my heating package unit. NO heat! First, I kept having to kick it to get it started running.
My friend replaced the sequencer unit, but may have wired it wrongly. After it was installed, the heater blower did not work.
I replaced the heater blower relay and now the blower works on "auto" position on the thermostat. It seems it wants to try and run on "On" position, but does not.
The heater element looks good, but is not heating up.
I am having a great difficulty in finding parts such as a newer heat element kit .
I found many that look as if they will fit, but are different numbers than I have.
Mine has a heater kit that is H3HK005H -01 917166 and is a 5KW. I saw one for sale that was number H6HK005H-01 904406 which is also a 5KW.

My heater package is a Thermal Zone PA 24K-1S made by Nordyne. There is no information on them I can find even though it is only 10+ years old.

Any ideas or tips on what the check, how to check and where I can find parts?
Help is appreciated...I am cold and all my friends that are in the heating/cooling business have ignored me for several weeks.
airportsteve
Minimal

- help with PA 24K-1S

Postby nomadpeo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 am

make sure the sequencer is the same as the old one. it is possible to miswire otherwise. also, there is possiblility the sequencer was not the original problem. if you can follow the schematic on the unit, you can verify the wiring. as far as testing, you will need a digital multimeter and ac amp meter. you will need to verify certain signals and sequence of operation. the suspects range from wire connections to limit switches, heat element, and thermostat. let us know when you have the meters ready and maybe we can walk you through some checks. otherwise, it's best you contract a professional to fix it. let us know if we can be of any further help.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- help with PA 24K-1S

Postby heatseeker » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am

I don't blame them nobody wants to work for free. oh and electric heat is high voltage.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential