tips for energy saving on Air conditioning

Tell us your tips on saving energy and reducing HVAC costs.

Postby kashiragib » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:13 am

In addition to maintain your energy consumption there is tips given below that can reduce your energy consumption 5 to 50 %.

***/*
Size of your air conditioning is the main concern to reduce your energy Consumption. Your Air conditioner should have appropriate size as per your room's need.

** */*
A dusty filter decreases air flow. Check your unit's air filters once a month and clean or replace filters when essential. Keeping your filters fresh can cut energy consumption 5 to 15%.

Holes in the seal between the air conditioner and the window frame permit cool air to flee from your home. Moisture can damage this seal so look over it annually to see that it makes contact with the unit's metal case.

Coils can turn into clogged with dust. To clean room air conditioner coils, first unplug the unit. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from the interior heat exchanger; the external heat exchanger may be cleaned using water from a garden hose.

Fans can also help cool your home. While fans cannot replace air conditioners, they can provide supplemental cooling, especially on mild summer days. Substituting fans for air conditioners can save 60% or more in energy.
kashiragib
New Contributor

Postby kashiragib » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:24 am

Do not place heat-producing machines, such as televisions or lamps, near the thermostat. The heat they generate "fools" the thermostat and sources the unit to run longer than necessary.
kashiragib
New Contributor

- tips for energy saving on Air conditioning

Postby tucsonguy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:28 am

Its always good to clean the evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils.
Dirty coils can reduce your system's efficiency increasing energy costs and reducing the life of your system...

Cole
tucsonguy
Minimal

Postby kovybarla » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:11 am

What is the most energy efficient air conditioner on the market, looking for an A/C, NOT A SWAMP COOLER
I have a swamp cooler now and its awful, I would like something that actually WORKS.
______
kovybarla
Minimal

Postby kashiragib » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:29 am

One thing we all have to know that we have to separate all electrical appliances alongside so that they can't get in touch with each other and overcome the wire shorting problem.
kashiragib
New Contributor

Postby aircooledtx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Air / Condtioning

Insure that filters are clean.
Insure that evaporator coil is clean.
Insure that condenser coil is clean.

Have charge checked by service company, ask for Pressure/temperature/amps.
This is your unit that provides your comfort so take care of it, it will take care of you.
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Postby dave34 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

I know that I need to change or check my furnace filter monthly. I would rather clean it then buy a new one every month. What's the best way to clean it? Can I clean it every month for a year and then get a new one or is that too long with the same one? Thanks for the help.
dave34
New Contributor

Postby angelo50 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 am

Coils can development into thick with dust. To take live air conditioner coils, basic unplug the thing. Use a emptiness tradesman to take trash from the inside warmth exchanger; the foreign warmth exchanger may be clean using installation from a garden irrigate.Fans can also supply change your location. Patch fans cannot supersede air conditioners, they can provide supplemental cooling, especially on humble summer days. Substituting fans for air conditioners can spend 60% or many in life.
angelo50
Minimal

Postby westcanadian01 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:30 am

aircooledtx -
> Air / Condtioning
>
> Insure that filters are clean.
> Insure that evaporator coil is clean.
> Insure that condenser coil is clean.
>
> Have charge checked by service company, ask for Pressure/temperature/amps.
> This is your unit that provides your comfort so take care of it, it will
> take care of you.

Agree with aircooledtx
westcanadian01
Most Valued Contributor

Postby tevej13 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 am

What is the most strength competent air conditioner on the mart, perception for an A/C, NOT A Swampland Icebox
I jazz a swampland icebox now and its reverent, I would same something that actually Entirety.One situation we all hold to know that we soul to abstracted all electrical appliances alongside so that they can't get in soupcon with apiece additional and overcome the message shorting job.
tevej13
Minimal

Next

Return to Energy Conservation Ideas