condenser fan not kicking in

Problems related to residential installations.

condenser fan not kicking in

Postby tonafernandez » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi, my hvac system is a bit old, my main problem right now is that when the thermostat kicks in and starts the cool cycle, the fan on the blower starts as expected BUT ... the fan condenser outside is not starting just doing a humming noise, like it is stuck, well yesterday i tried to figure out and manually give it a "push" and it got going like nothing... so everything went perfect, i tried then to raise the temp so the fan would stop and then lower it back so it could start again, well it did stop as expected but it did not start again it was just stuck doing the same humming noise
what is wrong with the fan motor?.. does it need to be replaced ?... or is there anything else that might be affecting my system?
i've read about a capacitor but i wouldnt find any in it the unit is a heil ca1030vka2
the motor that i think fits this one should be ICP Heil Condenser Fan Motor - 1052662

help?.. any advise would be highly appreciated!
tonafernandez

- condenser fan not kicking in

Postby aircooledtx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

**"tonafernandez"-*, my hvac system is a bit old, my main problem right now is that when the thermostat kicks in and starts the cool cycle, the fan on the blower starts as expected BUT ... the fan condenser outside is not starting just doing a humming noise, like it is stuck, well yesterday i tried to figure out and manually give it a "push" and it got going like nothing... so everything went perfect, i tried then to raise the temp so the fan would stop and then lower it back so it could start again, well it did stop as expected but it did not start again it was just stuck doing the same humming noise
what is wrong with the fan motor?.. does it need to be replaced ?... or is there anything else that might be affecting my system?
i've read about a capacitor but i wouldnt find any in it the unit is a heil ca1030vka2
the motor that i think fits this one should be ICP Heil Condenser Fan Motor - 1052662

help?.. any advise would be highly appreciated!*/-*
I would recommend that you get amp reading to see if its the motor or capacitor..
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Postby tonafernandez » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks a lot, i've already ordered a CAP ... and will probably get it tomorrow, as in my state they dont sell them to "non contractor people" will post the outcome, and thanks a lot!!
tonafernandez

Postby aircooledtx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

**"tonafernandez"-* a lot, i've already ordered a CAP ... and will probably get it tomorrow, as in my state they dont sell them to "non contractor people" will post the outcome, and thanks a lot!!*/-*
Might want to check the contactor also.... If it is burnt this will happen again..
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential