Goodman Heat Pump

Problems related to residential installations.

Goodman Heat Pump

Postby Cardlime8 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi all,
This is my first time here. I have a Goodman heat pump and I noticed that the suction line from the condenser unit is putting out 43 degrees in the cooling mode. However when I checked the air-register just above the indoor unit is putting out 62 degrees. It’s a three floor house, I also noticed that the basement don’t have return are supply registers, could this contribute to the house no cooling as suppose to?
Can you test the defrost board in the summer 85 degrees? If yes how should I do it?
Cardlime8
New Contributor

- Goodman Heat Pump

Postby aircooledtx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Have to jumper to check defrost in summer, better let a pro do that.

Take T.D. (temp/drop) from closest supply air register and return air register...#1
aircooledtx
Most Valued Contributor

- Goodman Heat Pump

Postby 4ftBanger » Tue May 03, 2011 4:31 pm

a 43 degree line temperature seems fairly low - depending on the refrigerant pressure of course. Under normal conditions a residential indoor coil is designed for approx 45 degree average fin temp. With heat gained through the exchange process I would expect the suction (big) line outdoors to be between 50 and 60... again - this depends on many variable conditions. Also - You should be sensing about a 15 degree difference between return air (going to the air handler) and supply air (coming from the vents) This can also vary some depending on humidity, unit capacity and duct sizing.

If you are far outside these "rules of thumb" then I'd definitely recommend you find a pro that you can trust to check things out and make recommendations. I've found the best resource you have in finding a contractor is to ask the neighbors who they would use - Almost every neighborhood knows one or two reliable people in every skilled trade.
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential