Remove Part of 2 Pipe Hydronic Heating

Problems related to residential installations.

Remove Part of 2 Pipe Hydronic Heating

Postby DankMaster Frank » Fri May 27, 2011 2:10 pm

I have a hydronic heating system in the basement. there are different zones from the boiler. basement - the two pipes follow the wall from boilter to the first heater (living area), two pipes leave the heater (living area) on the other side and go through wall to the second heater (bathroom).

I want to completely remove the heater in the bathroom, but still keep the heater functional in the living area.

My - Solder together a "U-turn" of pipes and connect where the pipes leave the living area heater going to the bathroom.

Someone please let me know if im headed down the right path. Thanks!
DankMaster Frank
Minimal

- Remove Part of 2 Pipe Hydronic Heating

Postby juster » Sun May 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Not sure if the living area zones are controlled by separate controls for each of the living area and the bathroom as some systems can do this.
Ether way one of the pipes is the supply water and one is the return. You can cut off the bathroom as long as you continue the flow back to the boiler so your idea should work.
It would be a good exercise to follow the piping from the boiler and mark the pipes with directional flow arrows. Of course you will want to do this discreetly in the areas where the pipes are visible.
This is a onetime exercise and will help you in the future.
juster
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential