walk in freezer

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

walk in freezer

Postby mitch » Sat May 14, 2011 6:40 pm

I have a walk-in freezer that's not maintaining proper temperature . R-409 is the refrigerant . It continuously freezes up . I put it into defrost & it continues to freeze up . What is the proper time for defrost ? It is set for every 6 hrs presently . Pressure temp stat is set at 15 out - 32 in . I'm the 3rd person to work on this unit . Please help
mitch
New Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby mitch » Sun May 15, 2011 6:58 am

timer works coils clean contactor good
mitch
New Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby mitch » Sun May 15, 2011 10:35 am

single refrig circuit gasket not that good could it be pressure stat i havent checked that yet
mitch
New Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby mitch » Sun May 15, 2011 5:47 pm

defros is set at every six hours Ice is gone after termination need to replace door gasket will check out tomorrow
mitch
New Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby nomadpeo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 am

need to know the setpoint. if it is controlled by pressure, verify cutin and cutout pressures. what are the running pressures and box temp (before extensive ice builds) ? what is the box temp near setpoint ? is the evap coil clean ? are all the fans running ? is the condenser coil clean ? does it have a solenoid valve on the liquid line ? if so, where is it located ? what is the sc and sh ? inquiring minds would like to know.

you may need to add some more defrost time - maybe every 4 hours. verify defrost heater operation as well. the gasket problem will cause more ice buildup, but an improperly feeding txv can also cause a problem. verify sc and sh.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby johnj » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 am

Hi all,

I'm a newbie, my name is John and I have been meaning to sign up to the forum for a long time as I use the self-sufficientish website regularly. I've just defrosted my fridge freezer, and I have a question about it. My thoughts turned almost immediately to this forum, where I thought somebody may be able to help me!
johnj
Minimal

- walk in freezer

Postby nomadpeo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:11 pm

john, you should probably start another thread to ask your questions.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- walk in freezer

Postby kathy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:25 pm

hmm there should be different thread for different topics
kathy
Minimal

Return to Technicians Only