Honeywell control board..resistor value?

Problems related to residential installations.

Honeywell control board..resistor value?

Postby warp50 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 am

Anybody know where I can find a control board (IFC) schematic for a Honeywell S9201A. It's out of a Rheem, model #RGDG-15EARJR. I am looking for the value of the R82 position resistor, it looks like a 1/2 watt located up by the "OK" LED.

Unfortunately I can't read the bands because the resistor has been overheated and scorched off the body. An ohm meter didn't work either. I'm trying to repair the board and I just need that value to make the circuit whole again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
warp50
Minimal

- Honeywell control board..resistor value?

Postby Freon » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 pm

My best suggestion is go to a supply house and ask to see one of the units and read the bands. Hopefully the sales person will be helpful. Or try ebay and see if they post a big enough picture to read the bands. You might even ask the ebay seller to email you a picture. I doubt you'll find an electrical schematic on the Internet
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Honeywell control board..resistor value?

Postby nomadpeo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 pm

those circuit boards are designed to handle a lot of sequence of operation and safety switch monitoring. i would advise you to abandon that project and just buy another board. it's not worth possibly compromising safety to save a few bucks.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential