need to acquire heat exchanger for lennox model g12q3-110

Problems related to residential installations.

need to acquire heat exchanger for lennox model g12q3-110

Postby maryba » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I need to replace the heat exchanger for my Lennox model g12q3-110, serial number 58.... Installation was in 1978.

Also need 2 burners. HX and burners have been rusted out.

I have no intention of trying to install replacements but am encountering service people saying parts are unavailable so would like to be able to provide parts and let service people do the replacements.

Although the HX may have been cracked over its service life, I'm sure the rusting was due to my negligence. I had a rusted-out rain cap on the flue chimney so every time it rained or snowed, constant water dripping on the HX and burners - for several years.

Otherwise, furnace and a/c have been great performers with only minimal replacements of parts (t-couples, a-coil, blower fan). Not only can't I afford a new system but would simply like to stay with the old system. Energy efficiency is not an important enough concern. House is 1100 sf and affordable to heat and cool.

Anyone with where-to-buy recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
maryba
Minimal

- need to acquire heat exchanger for lennox model g12q3-11

Postby nomadpeo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:14 pm

time to upgrade.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- need to acquire heat exchanger for lennox model g12q3-11

Postby heatseeker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 am

You will not find parts that anyone will be willing to install on a 33 year old system. And lets say you did the labor would far outweight the cost of a new furnace. This is not like an old car, if you install incorrectly it could be dangerous. Besides there's a reason they don't make those parts anymore its a dinosaur.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential