Air conditioner not blowing Cool Air ?

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Air conditioner not blowing Cool Air ?

Postby johnpau2013 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm

- we live in a town home
- its built in 2005
- i brought the home in 2009
- the basement has the LENNOX heat&cool unit

- Air condition and heating is all central
- all rooms has ducts for vent to blow out heat and AC

Its been 2 years and I see that every season starting during winter and summer, I need to call someone to fix my Lennox unit.

Either it does not blow cool air before the start of the season
or
Heat does not work during the starting of winter or in middle of the season

Not sure what the repair man does who comes and fixes it.

I know last year before the end of summer, i had called him and he filled the freon gas and fixed by unit and the AC worked fine. I used it for about 15 days only.

Then winter came and heater was not working and i called him, all he does is open some pipe in the Lennox unit and blow air to clean any dust and it worked.

Now this is summer and the hot days have started and I see that the unit does not blow cool air at all.

Is there anything I can do on the Lennox unit to make it blow cool air ?

Is there anything I can see really quick in unit for the unit to blow cool air ?

The freon gas is filled by the technician last season itself, I would have used the AC for about 15 days only after that.

Thanks in advance
johnpau2013
Minimal

- Air conditioner not blowing Cool Air ?

Postby heatseeker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 am

well is the outside unit running? Once it has a leak it doesn't fix itself. Being an old lennox chances are there is a leak somewhere. Is the compressor running? Call a different company if you are not satisfied.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Linda27 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 am

The best way to ensure that you purchase an air quality from a reputable company is to ask friends about their air conditioning units and where they were purchased. In addition to the form of personal recommendations, the Internet is a good place to start your search, look at different company sites and customer testimonials. Buy the air conditioner for your home should not be a difficult task.

***.*.au/air-conditioning/commercial/* ac ***
Linda27
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 am

linda27 he does not want a new unit its only six years old. Anyways first off you should use a company who does bi-annual maintenance checks and cleanings for 70 or 80 bucks. Then you will be ready for the season coming up and you can avoid emergency calls. It sounds like you do have a leak in your system and those are tricky to repair and not cheap. So milk it along until you can get it repaired or replaced.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby nomadpeo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

next time someone comes out, have them leak test the system. it is a closed loop system and should not have to have freon added unless it is leaking out. the frequency of charging may give you an idea how fast it's leaking. remember a leak is 24/7. the more that leaks out, the more your compressor and your power bill are in jeopardy.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum