Any ideas

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

- Any ideas

Postby NucPlantTech » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:03 pm

It definitely sounds like you don’t have sufficient amount of air exhausting. If you figure 400sqft per ton, then the unit should handle the load. My question is, how are you maintaining 95% humidity at 73 deg?
NucPlantTech
New Contributor

- Any ideas

Postby nomadpeo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:39 pm

i'm like the previous commenter. how can you possibly mainaint 73 deg at 95 % . should we assume there is an issue with the performance ? is it mainaining temperature and cycling off ? is there a humidity sensor or reheat involved at all ? are there any other special controls or features on this system other than humidifier nozzles ? what refrigerant is being used (not that it's necessarily relevent.....just curious) ? are you analyzing a possible cause of a performance problem you are troubleshooting ? you didn't say. i'm intrigued by the application. as far as the makeup air and exhaust being a match, that should be a lookup item. someone had to have designed this setup based on some factors pertaining to the application. maybe having a positively pressurized room is part of that design. you might research the design specs if there are any. if it is a progressive experiment, you may want someone to come in and do a load calculation and get with someone who is well versed in the use of a psychometric chart to consult with.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Any ideas

Postby NucPlantTech » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 am

The water vapor is in the air, so, no. You could install some barametric dampers in place of the 6 x 10's. This building is being kept at a specific temperature and humidity level. If you start changing the equipment or building setup; you might get yourself in more trouble than you want. I would get some bi wigd blessing prior to changing anything. Now, I would definatly sell them a blower motor, and have it staged on-site for when their IDM burns up. A far as the blocked TXV, I would think there is no corelation between the lack of exhaust and refrigerant resrtiction.
NucPlantTech
New Contributor

- Any ideas

Postby nomadpeo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 am

curious, did you discover your power cap on the txv to be the culprit ?

also, i was wondering what the superheat is set to in that application.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Any ideas

Postby nomadpeo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 pm

haven't seen this in a while, so i just had to comment on the txv thing. if the capillary for the power cap lost its charge, there would be zero feed through the valve and the system would pull into a vacuum.
nomadpeo
Most Valued Contributor

- Any ideas

Postby heatseeker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm

sell them the parts they need with no labor warranty and document the problems with the system.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Technicians Only