Indoor Air and Health

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Indoor Air and Health

Postby westcanadian01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Symptoms of some diseases, including asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and humidifier fever, may also show up soon after exposure to some indoor airpollutants. The likelihood of immediate reactions to indoor air pollutants depends on several factors. Age and preexisting medical conditions are two important influences. In other cases, whether a person reacts to a pollutant depends on individual sensitivity,which varies tremendously from person to person.
Some people can become sensitized to biological pollutants after repeatede xposures, and it appears that some people can become sensitized to chemical pollutants as well.
Certain immediate effects are similar to those from colds or other viral diseases, so it is often difficult to determine if the symptoms are a result of exposure to indoor air pollution. For this reason, it is important to pay attention to the time and place the symptoms occur. If the symptoms fade or go away when a person is away from the home and return when the person returns, an effort should be made to identify indoor air sources that maybe possible causes.
westcanadian01
Most Valued Contributor

- Indoor Air and Health

Postby heatseeker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

if you need a hepa air filter call me that will eliminate allot of allergens .
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Indoor Air and Health

Postby 4ftBanger » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 am

It should be mentioned that not all residential equipment is compatible with high resistance air filtration. HEPA filters, electrostatic air filters and high density pleated filters are restrictive to airflow and can adversely affect equipment performance and shorten equipment life.
Commercially, the HVAC system is designed with the filtration method in consideration and ducting and and air moving equipment are engineered so static pressure ratings of the equipment are not exceeded.

Typically, unless you have a specific health concern or have identified an air quality issue, the best answer is to use standard residential air filters and change them often.
4ftBanger
Most Valued Contributor

- Indoor Air and Health

Postby dave34 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 pm

How can I tell if my equipment is compatible with high resistance air filtration? My youngest gets croup often and I'm wondering if it could be related to our air quality. I guess an easier place to start would be to make sure I'm changing the air filters often enough. How often should I change them?
dave34
New Contributor

- Indoor Air and Health

Postby westcanadian01 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:31 pm

But folks our health problems not end up to that, once we don't pay attention indoor air there is a possibility that unclean indoor air can be one of the alarming cause of heart problems.
westcanadian01
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum