Checking contacts

HVAC questions and problems within commercial installations.

Checking contacts

Postby DQJim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

I have a commercial freezer that is not kicking on. When opening the cabinet, I found a fan that had come off the shaft and had wedged into the motor. I re-installed the fan. The unit still did not respond. I checked capacitors and found one bad, replaced. Still no kick on. When power is applied, 240, slight tick from defrost control board. when I manually push in contacts, compressor and fans kick on. I checked voltage going to contact solenoid and it had voltage, 22vac. Ohms were 1.757 disconnected. I am guessing that the solenoid is bad on contacts. How did I do? Contact is Furnas 45CG20AG. Thanks guys
DQJim
Minimal

- Checking contacts

Postby james88 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 pm

The thing console did not respond. I patterned capacitors and initiate one bad, replaced. Plant no beef on. When commonwealth is applied, 240, offence beat from dethaw curb domiciliate. when I manually drive in contacts, compressor and fans quetch on. I checkered emf leaving to impinging solenoid and it had emf, 22vac. Ohms were 1.757 incoherent. I am guessing that the solenoid is bad on contacts. How did I do?

***.*/seo-services/article-writing-and-submission.* ***
***.*/seo-services/article-writing-and-submission.* Article ***
james88
Minimal

- Checking contacts

Postby Chillerman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 am

You did pretty good. coil probably weak since you do have continuity you know its not open, replace the contactor. Unless its a monster contactor you can't just replace the coil. by monster I'm talking 120 amp or above.
Chillerman
Regular Contributor

- Checking contacts

Postby aaron234 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for this inf.
aaron234
New Contributor

Return to Commercial