Question about cremation

HVAC questions and problems within commercial installations.

Question about cremation

Postby Mac Chaplain » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm

I know this may sound ridiculous and/or crazy but I want to know if there exists a type of commercial furnace (the kind that would be used in a hotel or large business, for example) that could realistically be used to cremate a human body.

I am a writer, and I am asking for research purposes for a crime novel. Any help appreciated! Thank you.
Mac Chaplain
New Contributor

- Question about cremation

Postby heatseeker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 pm

why don't you try a pizza oven? wait a minute you're not trying to get away with the perfect crime are you? That's pretty strange a chaplain trying to write a novel and burning a body in an furnace. Either you are lying or that's a church I want to stay away from.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Mac Chaplain » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am

Heh heh...nope, not lying, not planning a crime, and not a chaplain either...that's my actual name. I've been researching online and as far as I can tell it does not seem possible that a commercial furnace could incinerate a body without breaking down/catching on fire/really stinking up the place. But that's why I came here to seek out some expert advice.
Mac Chaplain
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 am

Well I think it would be kind of hard to find an expert on cremation on an hvac site. However Charles manson might have a facebook account you could tap into. Why dont you just dig a pit in your back yard and put some lava rock in it and tell everyone you are having a luau. You know what they say that pig flesh taste just like human flesh besides I think that would make a much better book than just incinerating the body. just Think A big party everone getting fat then drop the news that the pig was really your wife {pun intended} enjoy..... hilarious.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Mac Chaplain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 am

Why so nasty, heatseeker?

I'm not looking for an expert on cremation. I'm looking for an expert on commercial furnaces. That's why I'm on the commercial heating thread on an HVAC site.

Also, check out the definition of 'pun', I don't think you're clear on what it means.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. Hilarious, indeed.
Mac Chaplain
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:04 am

I never said I was a english major, But you did know what I meant so the communication did work. I'm just making light on your post that's all. If you take it personally that's your problem. You have to admit it is very strange , your post that is. I don't know- you could be a serial killer or maybe just a wife killer. I doubt many here would have experience on cremation like I said before.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Mac Chaplain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am

I did admit that my post might sound strange. It was the very first thing I said, in fact.

My assumption was that the people on here would understand the nature of my question and the reason I'm asking it and perhaps offer some insight based on their experience with commercial heating. Instead of, for example, comparing my wife to a pig ("pun intended") and then wondering why I would take such a thing personally.

Nevermind.
Mac Chaplain
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Understood Just having fun I don't really think your wife is a pig . How could I I've never met her, I thought it would make for great fiction that is all. I am a bit of a smart ass I know this I apologize. Moving on I do not have any experience with cremation devices, although the pizza oven sounded very funny to me. After all I am all that matters am I not? See what I mean?
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Mac Chaplain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm

No apologies necessary. I misunderstood your sense of humor, is all. Not a big deal. I do appreciate the pizza oven suggestion but I am specifically interested in some insight about large commercial furnaces. Thank you, anyway.
Mac Chaplain
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:05 am

okay.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Commercial